We are looking for interested candidates who meet the below criteria for a 3-year Apprenticeship Programme. The programme will commence in February 2024. Candidates who meet the criteria will be expected to be based at the training centre in Kimberly for certain periods over the 3 years, this will also require on-the-job training at the wind farms for a period of 18 months in total. Travel will be covered to these sites during the programme.
You will need to meet the below requirements for the opportunity:
- Matriculated during or after 2019, preferably with Maths and Science or currently in the process of obtaining Matric certificate by end of 2023.
- Candidate must pass a physical/medical examination as this position will require mobility and some physical labour activities
- Valid driver’s license will be an advantage
- Proficient in English (all theory & communication will be in English)
- Maximum weight body 110kg
- Maximum height 200cm or 2 meters
- Must be results-orientated
- Thorough, detail-directed and highly organized
- Honest and loyal, committed to achieving company goals
- Team player who establishes good rapport with colleagues
- Sober habits
- Self motivated
- Roles & Responsibilities of this position
- Undergo training as part of an Electrical/Mechanical/Millwright apprenticeship.
- Assist with service and maintenance on turbines on site.
- Assist with inspection of PPE and turbine-mounted safety equipment.
- Assist with reporting of faults and defects on the turbine to the relevant support dept.
- Participate in on-call arrangements (flexibility is important).
- Participate in all relevant technical training from SGRE.
- The employee is obligated to keep him- or herself informed of the quality system and the procedures related to the position and to work in accordance with the requirements defined in the quality system.
Interested parties should submit their CV’s to email@example.com
Closing date: 03 November 2024